A chocolately dessert that is blood pressure friendly, no baking required, and just 3 ingredients?!
What's not to like?
This Dark Chocolate SuperBeets Cluster MIND Diet recipe created by Mediterranean Diet RD, Brynn McDowell, (@the_domestic_dietitian) features just 3 simple ingredients – dark chocolate, dried fruit and nuts. Plus a sprinkling of SuperBeets Black Cherry powder for some additional heart healthy benefits.
Each delectable bite features less saturated fat and added sugars than other dessert options -- so you can indulge in your sweet tooth with less guilt.
Why the ingredients matter:
- Walnuts are a great source of omega 3 fatty acids and Vitamin E, both of which may be linked to brain health. When combined with a diet low in saturated fats, walnuts may help with blood pressure, which may lead to lower risk of heart disease.
- Unsweetened Dried fruit is a great way to add natural sweetness without excess sugar and work a little bit of fiber in as well.
- Dark chocolate contains flavenols, which may help increase blood flow to the brain and supporting your thinking and mood.
Add this heart-happy cookie recipe to your rotation for an easy-to-make dessert perfect for any party.
- 1 (10oz) bag of dark chocolate chips
- ½ cup walnuts, finely chopped
- ¼ cup dried cranberries (unsweetened preferred)
- 1 tsp SuperBeets powder by HumanN
- Line a baking sheet with parchment or wax paper
- Add your dark chocolate chips to a medium, microwave safe dish. Place in microwave and set cook time for 2 minutes. Every 30 seconds, carefully remove dish and stir chocolate chips. Repeat until chocolate chips are melted
- Add chopped walnuts and dried cranberries to melted chocolate and stir to combine
- Using a large spoon, drop a large spoonful of the melted chocolate mixture onto your lined baking sheet, forming a large cluster
- Repeat process until all chocolate is gone, makes about 12 clusters
- Sprinkle SuperBeets powder over each cluster
- Place pan in fridge to set
- Once set, store clusters in wax paper lined dish in the fridge