This Red Velvet Beet Smoothie (vegan, gluten-free, paleo, and keto) tastes like a delicious red velvet cupcake in smoothie form, and it is so smooth and creamy. I’ve been making this recipe for years, and it’s one of my favorites for anyone breaking into a healthy lifestyle. It’s a tasty treat for a hot day, or even for a holiday treat. I mean who doesn’t love red velvet any time of the year?! The secret ingredient is BEETS! You would NEVER know or taste them! They are just the right amount of sweet and they color your smoothie naturally.
Beets are also a powerhouse, I used a beet powder by HumanN SuperBeets. It’s such an easy way to get your nutrients and minerals in if you don’t have beets on hand and are on the go.
We love to take the HumanN SuperBeets powder while we are traveling to get in our daily dose of minerals and nutrients. This recipe is also very simple to whip together with minimal ingredients. Don’t we all love that? It is also filled with all the healthy fats that will keep you full and satisfied for a long time.
HumanN SuperBeets Benefits:
SuperBeets is highly concentrated, scientifically formulated to provide optimum levels of essential Nitric Oxide, and clinically researched. Just one teaspoon of SuperBeets, the recommended daily serving, is verified to provide the Nitric Oxide equivalent of three whole beets and helps:
- Promote Nitric Oxide production
- Support healthy circulation
- Support healthy blood pressure levels
- Promote improved natural energy and stamina
SuperBeets: The Circulation Superfood Infographic
To make this beet smoothie low in sugar and carbs I used Raw Monk Fruit Extract powder but feel free to use whatever sweetener you have to home. Using the powder also keep the sugar lower than using regular beets. I tried this recipe out on Dan and he was also a big fan and didn’t even know I put in the beet powder until he was finished with it. I say that is a successful treat, and recipe. If you aren’t watching your sugars you can use bananas or yogurt if you aren’t dairy free. I prefer to stay low sugar, low carb and dairy free.
What You Will Need
A good blender: I used our Vitamix
- 2 cups almond milk, or any plant-based milk of your choice
- 1 cups of ice cubes
- 1 avocado
- 2 scoops of HumanN SuperBeets Powder
- 4 tbsp of cocoa or cacao powder
- 1/4 tsp vanilla bean powder
- 1/4 tsp of Raw Monk Fruit Extract 50%
- 2 scoops of vanilla ice cream of coconut whipped cream as a topping (optional)
- Place all your ingredients on the counter.
- Cut open your avocado, to get the meat out.
- Put all of your ingredients into the blender, except for the ice cream if you want as a topping.
- Add more sweetener to taste, if you prefer.
- Pour smoothie into a cup and top with ice cream.